Instructions For Semen Analysis
- Semen analyses are performed every day from Monday to Friday from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM, by appointment.
- Please call the front desk at RMA of Texas at 210-337-8453 to schedule an appointment at least one week in advance.
- There is a collection room available if you choose to produce your sample at the office. If you are producing a sample for Cryopreservation it MUST be collected at the facility. Please note: If a sample is collected at home, it must be brought into the office within 60 minutes of production. Keep the sample at skin temperature.
- If you choose to produce the sample for your semen analysis at home, please use a sterile container. (Containers and a lubricant will be provided, if necessary, at our office).
- Bring a picture ID with you.
In order to ensure that the semen specimen can be correctly processed, please observe the following:
- Sexual abstinence (no ejaculation) for two – four days should be observed before collecting your specimen.
- The specimen container must be labeled with your name, date of birth and social security number.
- During transport, try to protect the specimen from extreme heat or cold. We recommend that the container be carried next to your body.
- The fee for semen analysis is $125.00 and is due at the time of your appointment. Payment can be made in cash, check or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express). Upon payment you will received a bill which you can submit to your insurance company.
Before Making Your Appointment, If Possible:
- Get a copy of all your previous fertility testing and medical records.
- Visit your OBGYN for a current Pap smear.
- Your partner should have a semen analysis.
- Start taking prenatal vitamins.